Howdy Texas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All About Texas

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To Howdy Texas Y'all, Pull Up A Chair Sit On The Floor Admission Is Free Pay At The Door!
Latest topics
» At The Movies
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:49 pm by Colt

» Cowboy Joe
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:33 pm by Colt

» Tex  
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm by Colt

» Translation troubles
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:10 pm by Colt

» Cowboy Without A Horse
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:52 pm by Colt

» Future Of Texas
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:13 am by Belle

» Texas Salesman
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm by Colt

» State Trooper Jokes
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 pm by Colt

» Funny Texas Pictures
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:19 pm by Colt

At The Movies
Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:49 pm by Colt
At The Movies

The cowboy lay sprawled across three entire seats in the posh Amarillo theatre. When the usher came by and noticed this he whispered to the cowboy, "Sorry, sir, but youre only allowed one seat." The cowboy groaned but didnt budge. The usher became more impatient. "Sir, if you dont get up from there, Im going to have to call the manager. The cowboy just …

Comments: 0
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Howdy Texas on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Howdy Texas on your social bookmarking website
Statistics
We have 6 registered users
The newest registered user is GLMcGowen

Our users have posted a total of 56 messages in 52 subjects
Gallery
Texas Salesman  Empty

Texas Salesman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colt

Colt

Texas Salesman  Empty
PostSubject: Texas Salesman    Texas Salesman  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Texas Salesman

A keen Texas lad applied for a salesman's job at a city department store. The store was the biggest in the world and sold everything under the sun.

"Have you ever been a salesman before?" the boss asked during his interview.

"Yes, I was a salesman in Texas," the lad answered.

The boss took an immediate liking to him and told him he could start the next day. "I'll come and see how you made out after we close up," the boss said.

The day was long and hard for the young man, but finally it was 5 o'clock. The boss closed up the store and found the lad sitting, slumped and exhausted, in a chair. "How many sales did you make today?" the boss asked.

"One," said the lad.

"One?" said the boss, obviously displeased. "Most of the sales people on my staff make 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale worth?"

"Exactly $101,334.53," said the young man.

"How did you manage that?" asked the boss, flabbergasted.

"Well," said the lad, "this man came in and I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and finally a really large hook. Then I sold him a small fishing line, a medium one, and huge one. I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said he was going down the coast. I said he'd probably need a boat, so I took him down to the boat department and sold him that fancy 22-foot Chris Craft with twin engines. Then he said his Honda Civic probably wouldn't be able to handle the load, so I took him to the vehicle department and sold him a new GMC 1-ton pickup truck."

"You sold all that to guy who came in for a fish hook?" the boss asked in astonishment.

"He didn't come in to buy a fish hook," the Texas boy explained. "He came in to buy a box of tampons for his wife, and I said to him, 'Your weekend's shot. You might as well go fishing.' "

Texas Salesman  Texlin10

Back to top Go down

Texas Salesman
Page 1 of 1